Hooray! Hurdles2Hoops is currently looking for volunteers
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
Role: Assistant basketball coach
Hurdles2Hoops is seeking a part-time Assistant Basketball coach that will provide both group and one-to-one sessions on a regular basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and occasionally coach basketball sessions.
- Devise Session plans prior to sessions.
- Collect data and work in line with privacy ethics.
- Write reports and conduct research.
- Assist with informal teaching alongside basketball sessions.
- Support with the delivery of sessions, refereeing and scorekeeping
- Follow safeguarding and Health and Safety policies
- Attend Hurdles2Hoops meetings
- Be flexible to work unsocial hours
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have great time keeping skills
- Work from a client-centred approach.
- Act as a mentor, peer and leader
- Engage group and break barriers to participation
- Assist with leading group trips.
- Previous coaching experience – Required
- Consent to a DBS check- Required
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the game- Required
- Session planning experience and/or teaching experience- Required
- Experience working with Asylum Seekers and refugees- Desired
- Fluent in a second language – Desired
- Full driver’s license and access to vehicle with valid insurance – Desired
- First Aid/ CPR certificate- Desired
NB: Candidate needs to be available evenings and weekends. Currently needed on Wednesdays and Saturdays